One Week.

29 03 2008

This past week my boyfriend came in for a visit from Chicago. He had never been to Pittsburgh, so many adventures were planned.

He arrived Sunday afternoon, Easter Sunday afternoon to be exact. Which meant I had familial obligations. Which also meant Chris got to meet my family, save for my parents who are in California. I admit I was dreading introducing him to my family because they are loud, obnoxious, and are bound to attempt to hug you at some point. Don’t get me wrong, I love them, but there’s just no way to prepare someone for what they experience at a family gathering. Much to my relief, the meeting went extremely well and everyone liked him. Chris even managed to walk away from the experience with little emotional damage. Sunday evening was pretty lax despite the run-in with my ex-boyfriend at Walmart. Awkward.

Monday was “The Day of Science”. I took Chris to the Carnegie Science Center because that was the only thing he told me he actually wanted to do during his visit. Much science was done at the Science Center. Chris particularly enjoyed the wind tunnel and the earthquake machine. After that I took him to the Overlook to see the skyline, which had little to do with science. This was followed by dinner at my favourite restaurant, Ichiban, with some of my closest friends. Did I mention I also found out on Monday I passed my CT boards? Yep, I did. Good thing, I didn’t want that ruining our vacation.

Tuesday we began our journey to Niagara Falls. We would’ve made record time except we missed the exit for the peace bridge and ended up in an infinite loop through Buffalo. Luckily Ontario Man saved us and we made it into Canada. Our hotel suite was amazing but the weather was horrible. It was that awful rain/snow mix that doesn’t stick to anything but soaks you completely. We spent all of five minutes at the falls and went back to the hotel to dry off and get ready for dinner. We went to a Brazilian steakhouse, which was decent but in no way compared to Brazzaz in Chicago. Wednesday morning the weather was more favourable. We went back to the Falls and did the Journey Behind the Falls tour. We wandered around Clifton Hill a bit, I chased a squirrel around and Chris yelled at me for it and we headed back to the states. After some very personal questions from the American border patrol we were on our way back to Pittsburgh. On

Thursday I took Chris in to the hospital where I work so he could see what I do. I’m sure it bored him to death, but maybe now he has a little better understanding of what exactly it is I do. We rode the incline up to Mt. Washington, but the weather was typical of Pittsburgh (rainy and foggy) so the view was basically non-existent.

Much to my dismay, Chris went home to Chicago yesterday evening. It gets harder to say goodbye every time.  It sucks, but in five weeks I’ll be living in Chicago with him so I won’t have to say it anymore. I had a great week, it went by too fast. Now I’ll resume my normal life of staying up all night and tweeting too much. I’ve updated my flickr account and my .mac account with pictures from the week so check them out.  




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: